Sunday, January 27, 2013

I've lost my superpower

NOTE: I wrote this one ages ago but somehow it just got republished. I am not currently depressed or destructive so please do not be anxious on my account dear reader.

Dear Reader,
I'm going through a day where I feel I'm good for nothing (now be nice and disagree) and the worst of it is I find I can't resort to my usual khwabi pulao (castle in the sky) and dream about all the fantastical things I will (in a parallel universe) accomplish. It's not that no ideas are coming to me; my mind is bursting with philanthropic notions; it's just that I can't stop myself from realizing how unrealistic they are. And what's the point of fantasizing when you know your fantasy aint gonna come true? :(
I wish I could sit here and make imaginary, never-to-be-fulfilled resolutions to do productive things, and turn over imaginary new leaves to reach self-actualization or whatever but I find I've lost my superpower so I'll have to resort to doing things like a normal human being. I'll have to get out there and use my brain to come up with a way to... use my brain (paradoxical?). I'm not completely at a loss though, I think I've got a few workable plans up my sleeve. Let's see. I'll get back to you when I discover an atom of constructiveness in me.
-k

8 comments:

  1. you know, i had given up on waiting for an update from you.
    don't say you're good for nothing! you're good at blogging. :P
    i hope your plans work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am? hahaha thank you :) and yeah I hope they work out too but I think the first step is coming up with some plans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw plans out of the window... try living ur life with out any blocks in your mind... plans are just humps.... jump out of the window and embrace whatever comes... and you'll definitely love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I just saw your comment. And yet I'd say I've pretty much been following your advice. Loving it, but so scared as to what life will chug at me next!

      Delete
  4. Waow nice post sharing dear really awesome >..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMF Free Classified is an online Pakistan Free Classified website.
    http://www.lmf.com.pk/

    ReplyDelete